Hamburg Narratological Group (Forschergruppe Narratologie an der
The substantial concerns
and contentions of AJCN are as following:
- the "communicative" perception of literariness
- the artistic act of communication is cognized in terms of a polytonal,
and at times reciprocal process, occurring simultaneously within the several
dissimilar "descriptive levels of recital"
- overall preoccupation with the issue of "the discourse"
- theoretical meditation over the different "poles" of narrative-institutions,
which maintain the very chain of transmitting the artistic information
from what is called "author" to what is labeled as a "reader.
- the potential aim is to display the inner scheme of mechanical hierarchy,
prevailing behind the complex relationship betwixt the entities of "storytelling",
"recital", "history", as uniting under the contextual
"roof" of the narrative.